Add message options for a product
You can create an add-on to a product so customers can include a custom message for the product's recipient or add a monogram or engraving.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your products list, click Online Store, and click Manage next to account you want.
- Click the Products tab and choose All Products.
- Click the name of the product you want to update.
- On the product page, click the Inventory & Options tab, and in the Add-ons section click Create Add-on.
- Type in a Name for the add-on (such as Engraving). Once you create your first few options, those choices appear automatically in the menu.
- In the Type list, select Buyer enters custom text.
- You have several ways to customize this option:
- Select Mandatory for the buyer to ensure that the message isn't left blank.
- Add some how-to guidance in the Instructions for the customer box. For example, "Please specify the message you want engraved."
- Enter a number in the Character Limit text box (maximum of 255).
- You also can set an extra charge for the message in the Charge text box. (If the customer chooses to add a message, the product's final price includes the increase.)
- Click Done. The message option is added to the Add-ons list.
Other list options include:
Action Result Click and drag dotted area at front of each add-on Reorders the list. Click the pencil icon Create another add-on, or edit existing add-ons. Click the X Deletes the add-on after displaying a confirmation alert.