Check zone file records
You can check the status of your domain name's zone file records to make sure they are correct. If one of the records is incorrect, you can fix it.
The Check Zone Records feature performs record-level validation checks. Specifically, it looks at your A records and ensures that your domain names, subdomains, and forwarded domain names have valid IP addresses. For example, if you create a subdomain with a missing IP address, the Zone File Errors window displays errors in the Status column and provides a Fix option.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- You must be in the list view of your account in order to check zone file records. In the upper right corner, choose the list view:
- Click on the domain name you want to use.
- Select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Click More:
- Click Fix to resolve the issue if a record contains an error. If your records do not contain errors, a There are no errors in the zone file message displays.
- Click Close.