Configuring Plesk to Support an External Email Server
With Plesk, you can configure your server to use external mail servers, such as Google® and Yahoo!®, to handle email services.
To Configure Plesk to Support an External Email Server
- Log in to your Parallels Plesk Panel as admin. For more information, see Log in to my server.
- If necessary, switch to Service Provider view. For more information, see Accessing Service Provider View in Plesk.
- Next to the domain name you want to manage, click Domains, and then click Open in Control Panel.
- Click the Mail tab, and then click Change Settings.
- Deselect Activate mail service on domain.
- Click OK.
Note: Once complete, your server sends email from your website, and other applications installed on it, but no longer receives email for the domain name you have disabled email on.
When you disable email for a subscription in Plesk, it affects all of the domains in that subscription.
If you want to allow email on one domain and disable it for another, they need to be in different subscriptions.