How do I add a firewall ruleset in Simple Control Panel?
Note: This only applies to Dedicated Hosting Accounts.
To Add a Firewall Ruleset
- Log in to Simple Control Panel. For more information as to how to do this, see How do I access my Dedicated Server using Simple Control Panel?
- In the System Configuration section, click the Firewall icon.
- Click Add New Rule.
- From the Template ruleset drop-down list, select the appropriate template.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Ruleset name.
- From the Input policy drop-down list, select the appropriate policy.
- From the Output policy drop-down list, select the appropriate policy.
- For each rule within the ruleset, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a rule name.
- Direction: From the drop-down list, select Input or Output.
- Action: From the drop-down list, select Accept or Decline.
- Port: From the drop-down list, select TCP, UDP, Both, or Ping. In the text box, enter the corresponding port for the protocol selected. If Ping is selected, no port is necessary.
- IP/Netmask: Enter an IP address in the format 192.0.0.0, and then enter the Netmask in CIDR format.
NOTE: To add an existing rule to your firewall rulset, select it from the Add preset drop-down list.
- Click Save.