Mass email applications (resource overusage)
You cannot host applications that send massive email campaigns or generate excessive amounts of mail. Doing so can cause you to overuse your hosting resources, and will not function as intended.
Is this an issue for me?
Here are some common causes of overusing hosting resources regarding excessive email:
- Using a hosted application to send massive email 'blasts' for marketing purposes
- Sending large amounts of email that are not ICANN-SPAM compliant
- Hosting sites that automatically generate email on a massive scale without user authentication
- Sending email unintentionally due to a compromised website or application
How can I correct this issue?
You can try to correct resource usage caused by excessive email by following any and all of these steps:
- Ensure that your applications and sites are only sending ICANN-SPAM compliant email.
- Use a proper mass-emailing service
, such as GoDaddy Email Marketing.
- Review your hosted sites and applications for possible compromise.
- Migrate to a VPS or dedicated server if the above steps are not an option.
If you are still experiencing issues with resource usage, review your hosting for other possible causes at Common causes for resource overusage (Linux).
Note: You will want to make sure that you are correcting the underlying cause to any resource issue. Simply removing sites and/or files without correcting the underlying issue can cause the problem to recur.