Offering Freight Shipping Options for Your Quick Shopping Cart Customers
Enable FreightCenter.com as a shipping method if you sell items that must ship via freight carrier or bulk items that ship via pallet. You must have a FreightCenter.com account, but if you don't already have one you can sign up for a free account directly from the setup page in Quick Shopping Cart®.
When you link your FreightCenter.com account to Quick Shopping Cart you can provide customers with real-time rates from the supported freight carriers you select. Weight determines rates and freight items must be marked as such in the product settings.
For more information, see Common Questions when Using FreightCenter.com.
Note: Freight items cannot be shipped internationally.
To Offer FreightCenter.com
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- On the Quick Shopping Cart page, click Manage next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Set Up menu, in the Operations section, select Shipping.
- Click Set Up for FreightCenter.com.
- Enter your FreightCenter.com user name and password, and then click OK.
Note: If you do not have a FreightCenter.com account, click Sign Up to create one, then return to Quick Shopping Cart to enter your account information.
- Fill out the Pick-Up Location Information. This is where your product ships from.
- Select the Supported Destination Types for where freight products can be shipped.
- Enter a Handling Fee, or enter 0.00 to charge no handling fee.
- Select to apply the handling fee To the order or To the package.
- Select the number of rates to display. This is how many shipping carriers display for the shopper to select from.
- Select the Supported Carriers for the freight companies you want to use.
- Click OK.
You must publish your site for these changes to be available. For more information, see Publishing Your Storefront.