Verifying Custom HTML Using the HTML Validator Tool in Quick Shopping Cart
Quick Shopping Cart® supports the use of custom XHTML on select pages to allow greater customization and optimization of your storefront and catalog. To verify that your HTML has been coded correctly and is XHTML compliant, use the HTML Validator to check it.
You are not required to validate your code. However, by confirming that your code is XHTML compliant, the HTML Validator prevents potential display problems on your storefront. For more information about XHTML, visit the XHTML Tutorial on the W3 Schools website.
The following pages allow custom HTML:
- About Us Page
- Contact Us Page
- Invoice Customization
- Storefront Header Page
- Storefront Footer Page
- Welcome Message
- Edit Category
- Product Editor
You can also add widget to the area along the side of you online store, which displays content you create with HTML. For more information, see Managing Widgets in Quick Shopping Cart.
Note: We recommend that you make the suggested changes, save the file, and then re-upload it.
Note: You can proceed through the warnings to post your file containing the non-compliant XHTML code. However, we recommend that you resolve any errors before posting content that could break your shopping cart display.
To Verify Custom XHTML Using the HTML Validator Tool
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Set Up menu, select a page on which you used or want to use custom HTML.
- If you have not added your custom HTML to the page, enter or paste it in the text area.
- Click Verify.
- If errors were detected, view the error details that display below the menu, make the corrections, and click Verify. Continue making corrections as necessary.
- If there are no errors, click OK to close the Congratulations! This Text is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional! message.
- After all errors are corrected and your HTML is valid, click Save.
Note: The HTML Validator automatically checks your code for XHTML compliance when you update or save the HTML fields on these pages.