Change a WordPress email address in the database
You can update your WordPress email address in the database, which can help if you cannot receive the password reset email.
- Log into phpMyAdmin (
Web Hosting / cPanel / Plesk / Managed WordPress).
Note: If you're using cPanel Hosting, you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the _users table.
- Click Edit next to the user you want to update.
- In the Value column, delete the contents of the user_email box.
- Type your new email address into the same box.
- Click Go
- Return to Unable to log into WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.