Set up a custom 404 page in Plesk hosting
404 pages display when someone tries to access a page on your website that doesn't exist.
Our hosting accounts allow you to use your home page as your 404 page, or you can create a custom one.
Note: Server-side scripts, such as ASP.NET and PHP, might not work on custom 404 pages because of how Web server software (i.e. IIS and Apache) handles them.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click Plesk Admin.
- In the section for the domain you want to use, click Show More.
- Click Hosting Settings.
- Select Custom error documents, and then click OK.
- Click Virtual Directories.
- Go to the Error Documents tab.
- Navigate to the second page of errors, and then click 404.
- In the Location field, enter the URL of the 404 page you want to use, and then click OK.
Note: Error docs must be web-visible, i.e. in your
httpdocs directory or hosted elsewhere.